Friday, February 27, 2015

Liebster Award

Thanks Sandy! I was nominated by Sandy Litcher for a Liebster Award! Thank you for the opportunity to answer some fun questions and possibly get a few followers. :)

Here's how it works, Sandy posted questions for me to answer on her blog. I will answer the questions so that you can get to know me better. I encourage you to check out her blog and her other nominations, I did and found some new blogs to follow!

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1. How did you decide on the title of your blog, and what’s it about?
It's a little obvious I think... When my daughter was born her nickname was munchkin early on. I feel like we've been 3 steps behind ever since. You know how in life it always feels like you're chasing something? As babies we were always encouraging them to sit up, to crawl, to stand, to walk... Now I spend my days chasing after them or the dog and just hope we have everything we need.
 
2. Can you give 11 random facts about yourself?
 
1. I met my husband at bandcamp.
2. I used to have a small home cake decorating business, now I just do it for fun.
3. I've been published in multiple scrapbooking magazines.
4. I love to sing, it's probably the one thing that can switch a bad mood, into a good mood.
5. 1.5 years ago I developped a sensitivity to caffeine (perhaps an allergy) I had to quit coffee and chocolate cold turkey. I now drink Organo Gold Coffee but still cannot eat chocolate without becoming very ill. :(
6. I prefer activity filled vacations to resting on the beach somewhere. I love amusement parks, rollercoasters, etc.
7. I (almost) always sit cross legged. As a passenger in the car, at work, dinner table...
8. I can't stand just being in socks. My preference is barefoot, or socks with shoes, but just sock feet drives me nuts.
9. I haven't had a haircut in almost a year. I don't really have the time to go in, and as much as I know I need one, it hasn't happened.
10. I don't enjoy watching tv. I prefer reading. Since July 2012 I have read 297 books.
11. I am a HUGE Kristen Ashley fan. I will drop anything I'm reading, forego sleep and food for a new release of hers.
 
3. What is something you’ve been loving lately?
I LOVE my morning smoothie. I'm excited to have it. It's like having a milkshake for breakfast. I can't wait to have it, and try to find ways to have a second during the day even though I know it doesn't fit (not on my low carb days at least).
 
4. What is it you love most about blogging?
I love documenting. I love going back and reading. I was never much for writing in a diary, but documenting with pictures is something totally different. It's like an online scrapbook of life.
 
5. If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
- My munchkins live long, happy, healthy lives.
- A little extra money would be nice.
- I would love for my Nanny (who died in 2002) to meet my munchkins, this still brings tears to my eyes, knowing it will never happen.
 
6. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
Chaos. Life is so chaotic, I work evening shifts while my husband works day shifts. I do meal prep for the day in the mornings, my husband washes the dishes in the evenings. He throws clothes in the washer/dryer, I fold them during my time in the mornings. It's trying to make our crazy lives balance out. This lets me stay at home with Jacob in the mornings, saves us money in childcare, but in the end, this blog helps to plan, to make life see a little less chaotic. One day at a time. 
 
7. What is one country in the world you would like to visit? Why?
My husband is greek and while I've been, I would love to bring the munchkins to Greece. I can't say there's anywhere else I'd rather travel to, other than specific places in Canada/US.
 
8. If you have kids or pets, what are their names? Tell me about your babies.
Amelia - 7 She's an absolutely amazing child. Very much into fashion, well beyond her years, very caring, has a ridiculous close bond with her brother.
Jacob - 4 He's ALL boy. He loves army/trucks/superheros. Yet he'll play dress up and marry Mia (Amelia's) dolls. He's usually the first to pick a fight, but will go crying to his sister if he gets in trouble for picking a fight with her. He's very sensitive too, he's at the age that we're really starting to see his personality shine through.
Berkley - 7 months He's our golden retriever puppy. He likes eating the kids, just got neutered and is a furball of energy. I can't wait for better weather to get him outside more! He's my best friend and filled an enormous void that our beloved Molly left.
Molly was our beagle/terrier furbaby. She was our first. She passed away suddenly May 2014, from what we can only assume was a heart attack/stroke at just 9 years old. This had to be one of the most difficult things we have faced as a family. Explaining to our children what happened while trying to keep our emotions in tact. I cried for probably a week straight. It was deffinitely a very dark time, and I'm not sure I've healed completely yet, from her loss.
 
9. A long-lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it?
Invest in for the Munchkins education, pay off debt, go on a trip with the kiddos! (You said large!)
 
10. What is something you do when you need to take time for yourself?
I'll take a shower. But that doesn't work. I don't remember the last time I took a shower and I didn't have someone barge in for something. Otherwise, time to myself is very limited. I blare the music on my drive to work.
 
11. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
I'll be 40 in 5 years. That really scares me. I see myself even busier, driving the munchkins from hockey to dance to church and wherever else. I see us still doing everything as a family, eating healthy, having picnics, going on hikes. I see us still chugging along, but enjoying every minute.

I'm supposed to nominate other blogs to do this, but honestly I don't follow that many blogs. So while I hate to end the cycle here, I'll postpone and keep searching and maybe I'll find a few that I can add over time.
 
Thanks Sandy for nominating me! Be sure to check out her blog!

 

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I forgot to write about my dog when I did my questions, but we have a 10 year old Golden Retriever...Bentley :) Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I forgot to write about my dog when I did my questions, but we have a 10 year old Golden Retriever...Bentley :) Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...