Monday, March 2, 2015

Recipe Monday

So I don't have any what I'll call legit recipes to share today. I have a few concoctions I came up with myself that I can't live without that I'd like to share with you.

My staple, go to drink in the morning. To get this creamy you need to use Coconut milk (I use Silk True Coconut) and you need to blend for like 3-4 minutes straight. I also use Lean fit Complete green Proteing powder. I'm not a fan of protein powders...this stuff... I LOVE.



The other is a new found combination that I should have tried ages ago! 1/4 cup of plain or vanilla greek yogurt with a TBSP of peanut butter (Wow Butter for me since I have a peanut allergy). This is sooo yummy. Seriously, I can't wait to have it again tomorrow!


I also took a picture of all of my meals today. I work a strange shift so most of my meals I eat from containers. It's tough when you're eating healthy and need to pack 4 of your 5 meals. So here were my meals today....

The shake above was my breakfast.

Morning Snack
(I changed this from the menu, I had 1 cup cottage cheese, cucumbers, grape tomatoes and 6 almonds with a little balsamic vinegar. So good!)
Lunch
(This got changed too, when I noticed we had leftovers. It's the kung pao pork from the other night. Hey... that's a recipe we tried! I'll get the link and share/review it)
So the next "snack" was really my supper, it's just how the timing worked out.
(Chicken parmesan with zuchini noodles. YUM)
Last, I had my greek peanut butter yogurt with some leftover roasted brussel sprouts. (Not together!)
I also got to the gym today. I completed day 1 week 2 of couch potato to 5K. I'm not exactly a couch potato. I could have probably moved to week 3, but I decided to start at week 2. No need to rush things, right? Here's the below chart I'm using from couch potato to 5k from Fitbody HQ


I guess that's today. I feel really good today. I feel like I got a handle. I'm making myself a rewards chart, I want set rewards for reaching 5lbs lost. None food/drink related rewards. Like hair cut, or manicure, or I dunno... I'll come up with stuff. Actually, that might be my motivation Tuesday post...

2 comments:

  1. I need to try the zucchini noodles, they are so popular right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are really awesome. Everyone in my family really loves them. My husband is a picky eater and he really enjoys them. We just got the cheap spiralizer from ved bath and beyond. I think it was called the vegetti maker.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...